|Fort Worth's Experts in
Colon & Rectal Surgery and Colonoscopy
We are Fort Worth's largest group of board-certified colon and rectal
surgeons. We work as a team to prevent and treat diseases of the
colon, rectum, anus and small intestine. We provide consultations,
office treatments, surgery, and colonoscopy.
In addition to excellent medical care, our hallmarks are compassion,
understanding, and communication with our patients.
Our services include:
|Minimally-invasive (laparoscopic and robotic) colon and rectal |
|Surgery for cancer of the colon and rectum, including |
|sphincter-sparing (colostomy-avoiding) surgery, if possible.|
|Surgical and non-surgical treatment of hemorrhoids.|
|Treatment of anorectal abscesses, fissures, fistulae, skin |
|conditions of the perianal region, and rectal prolapse.|
|Surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's |
|disease and ulcerative colitis).|
|Treatment of diverticulitis.|
|Investigation of rectal bleeding.|
|Diagnostic and screening colonoscopy.|
|Collaboration with physicians and surgeons in other |
|specialties (e.g. oncologists, gastroenterologists, urologists, |
gynecologists) for team-based approach to treatment of
colorectal disease, or for diagnosis and treatment of
problems that may co-exist with colorectal disease.
Our Board-Certified Colon
& Rectal Surgeons:
Eduardo D. Castillo, M.D.
Lori L. Gordon, M.D.
Glen D. Hooker, M.D.
Annie Lin, M.D.
2000 Cooper Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76104
Last modified: May 16, 2020
Texas Health Care, PLLC Privia Medical Group
During this challenging time...
PATIENT SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.
- Our office is open! We are now back to offering office visits for patients. However, if you or a close contact is
ill, or if you have severe medical problems, or decreased immune function, you may want to delay another few
weeks or arrange for a virtual visit.
- Office Visits: Space is limited in our front lobby and waiting room in order to promote social distancing; if you
are coming for an office visit, you will be given instructions regarding entry into the building when your
appointment is made. We do require you to wear a mask or other appropriate face covering.
Precautions we are taking during office visits meet or exceed Texas Medical Board recommnendations:
- Limiting traffic in the front lobby and waiting room (see above).
- Symptom questionnaire and measurement of temperature for all patients and staff upon entry.
- Reduced schedules to limit the number of patients and staff in the office at any given time.
- Wearing of masks by all staff and patients.
- Wearing of gloves by staff during physical examination.
- Enhanced cleansing of all surfaces in exam rooms between patient encounters.
- Virtual Visits: We also offer telemedicine (video conferencing) visits with any of our physicians. Patients are
required to have a laptop, tablet, smart phone, or computer with camera/microphone. Please call our office for
assistance in arranging a telemedicine visit. A useful set of guidelines is available here.
- Surgery: Our local hospitals and surgery centers have now re-opened to allow elective cases. If your procedure
was cancelled in recent weeks due to the pandemic, please call our office to reschedule. The hospitals and
surgery centers are adhering to guidelines of the Texas Medical Board in order to protect patients (screening,
testing if indicated, wearing of personal protective equipment, ventilation of procedure rooms to safely evacuate
aerosolized particles, and sterilization of all surfaces between patient encounters).
Below are links to safety measures being taken by each of the major facilities at which we perform procedures: